Saturday, February 2, 2013

Oriental and Asian Lilies

Hello - It's been a while since I wrote.  I wanted to show off one of my Lily paintings.


This is one of my newest florals. I bought some white Oriental lilies one day and HAD to do a watercolor. I loved painting them so much, that I'm doing a lilies series...all on beautiful handmade paper.

The second one in the series is of white Oriental lilies with Protea. I'm working on my third now. Lilies with Eucalyptus!

There are two types of lilies that you usually see in a flower market. One is a large, frilly, very scented flower. That's an Oriental lily. You might be familiar with the Stargazer - it's red/pink and very scented.  The whites are beautiful and more softly scented.

The other type is smaller, less 'fluted' and less scented. That's the Asian Lily.

Well, of course I wanted white frilly ones! And I wanted my paintings to have a soft color palette. Unfortunately there's no scent to them. I'll work on that part...

I'll upload them soon... hopefully something for you to look forward to!


No comments:

Post a Comment