Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Success! Newton Open Studios

Hello!

I wanted to thank anyone who reads my blog, especially if you visited me during Newton Open Studios exhibit this past weekend. This show was juried so I was really excited to have the opportunity to exhibit and sell my work.




I think Newton Open Studios' new venue, Newton City Hall, was very successful. I had a good show and enjoyed many good art conversations with folks who were fascinated by the way I paint 'backgrounds'. Several people asked if I taught watercolor classes. I don't right now, but you all will be the first to know (well, maybe not the first) if and when I do!


Here's the watercolor I currently have in Mayor Setti Warren's office in Newton City Hall. The exhibit there now is called 'Movement'. If you have a chance, stop by City Hall in Newton on Commonwealth Avenue and Homer Street and pop into the Mayor's office. Second floor.

It's been a pleasure to have exhibited there throughout this whole year. Each exhibit has a different theme. It's interesting to see how each Newton artist interprets the theme.

Till the next exhibit...stay tuned!

Anita





No comments:

Post a Comment