Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Two New Paintings

I often struggle with Autumn - it's the end of the summer, end of flowers and warm weather. But, the colors of fall help me to really appreciate this season.

The Maples are glorious because they take a while to change color. And the range of colors as they change is actually quite unbelievable to me! How can one tree be coral, green, red and gold all at the same time?

So on my walks I pick up fallen Maple leaves and have a blast painting them as they change. I do the same with Linden leaves. They are spectacular!

I hope you like my watercolors "Duet" of Maple leaves, done on handmade paper. I wanted the paintings to glow, as the real
                                                                                      leaves do.
                                                                                   
                                                                                      Enjoy this season - in beauty
                                                                                      and good health.
                                                                                 
                                                                                    





No comments:

Post a Comment