Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My exhibitions this Spring!

Hello. Welcome to Spring!



I hope we can say - this is end to snow - just a few teeny patches on the North side of my Street. My daffodils and tulips are trying mightily to emerge...

I have been busy - good busy - with plans to show my watercolors and pastels.

FIRST: Newton Open Studios is early this Spring - THIS WEEKEND April 6,7 Saturday and Sunday from 11-5. As well as a great extention to Open Studios on Friday evening April 5 from 6-8 (along with two new show openings at the New Art Center).

You can catch me painting at Open Studios this year - my venue is The New Art Center 61 Washington Park in Newtonville - #30 in the NOS Guide. Pick one up at a local Newton store or go to NewtonOpenStudios.org. My watercolors, pastels, Giclees, cards all will be there. I have done a lot of new work -some from my trip to Hawaii: Orchids, Bird of Paradise, Oriental lilies (from before my trip) - and in process, Yellow Hibiscus.

In addition, the Reception for the Newton Mayor's Show is Tues April 9 from 5-6. I have a watercolor in that show. All are invited.

The Reception for the Boston Mayor's Show is April 11 from 5-6 also. I have three paintings in that show. Really exciting. Both times the Mayors will be in attendance. They are both so supportive of local artists!

I will have space in a  Gallery opening in Lowell - The Arts League of Lowell has moved and the new space (307 Market Street) is almost ready, I'll have work there continually on a revolving basis. I'll keep you posted on dates for that.

I'll also have several Giclees in Putterham Grille starting on June 1. That's a fun restaurant in Chestnut Hill on W Roxbury Parkway. I'll let you know when the Reception for that is.

There will be more news, but if you come to any of these events - or all- I'd love it.

Enjoy the first scents of Spring and see flowers on paper in Newton this weekend!! Goodies there at the New Art Center too.

See you there.  Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment