Monday, November 26, 2012

Give Art for the Holiday


I hope everyone has had a healthy and wonderful Thanksgiving.



It seems like the energy around this season is already beginning to rev up. I know I'm busy having archival Giclees printed as several people want them as affordable quality art to give as gifts. As well, folks want them for a way of decorating their homes for the holidays and beyond.

My original paintings will be in an exhibition at the Marblehead Arts Association member show. December 1-24. The show should be fabulous - there are many very talented artists showing work in all mediums.

The Marblehead Arts Association is located in a charming wonderful old building called the Hooper Mansion. 8 Hooper Street in Marblehead. The show will have sculpture, photography, paintings, crafts - all juried. And there's an artisan shop in the mansion where you can buy gifts galore.

There is also a tradition called "Hooper's Treasures" - small works $100.00 or under. All framed and quite 'giftable'.

The artist reception is December 9 from 2-4. I'll be there! I'll also probably be there on Saturday December 1, at a table I set up to actually do some watercolor painting during the show!! What fun.

Hope to see you in Marblehead - oh by the way - it's an easy drive and worth it!

1 comment: